Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've got an old IBM R52 laptop who's graphics card just completely failed. Is there any way to get a graphics card that plugs into the Expresscard slot? I'm not talking about the ViDock, but a graphics card that is actually designed to function in the Express Card slot.

share|improve this question
They do sell expresscard graphic cards they are just expensive.… you might be better of just getting a new laptop ( you will spend more on the hardware to do this ) then you will on a new laptop. – Ramhound Aug 23 '13 at 12:23
Buy a new Laptop. – Radoo Aug 23 '13 at 13:10
The new laptop comes in about one year when I go to college. – Alex Mundy Aug 23 '13 at 13:21
I don't think there's something like a pluggable video card that will automatically work with your laptop monitor. I guess that's what you want, if you don't want Vidock or any USB card solutions. – Radoo Aug 23 '13 at 20:03

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.