I'm using Windows 7 and I have an issue with the microphone boost. With every restart the boost is decreased to 0 db but the control says I'm still on 20 db yet people can't hear me. To fix the issue I have to manually change the boost to 0 db and then back to 20 db.
I am aware of Windows automatically adjusting microphone and sound volume as well as Skype and I've already disabled them. This is no 3rd party program issue, it's a Eindows issue and I'm not willing to update Windows because it's becoming less and less usable with each update.
Frequently Answered Questions:
- I removed the driver and re-installed it again
- I removed Skype and Google Talk and reinstalled them again
- This windows isn't running in a virtual machine
- It's Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- The audio program that came with the motherboard is VIA HD Audio Deck, package version 10.2.00.30, driver version 22.214.171.12400
- I would download fix and single updates
- Links to fixes are really apreciated
I've found this similar question, but there are no answers.