Really hope someone can help--
I recently purchased a second EVGA Geforce 660 to run in SLI mode on my PC, but no matter what, I can't seem to get the PC to recognize it.
- (2) EVGA GeForce 660 cards (the first one was previously installed and works fine
- Intel core i7
- 32 Gb ram
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard (latest Bios installed)
- 1000w power supply that is marketed as "SLI ready"
What I have verified:
- SLI bridge is plugged in (does it matter which end connects to which card?)
- First card is in PCI-16 slot, per Gigabyte instructions
- Second card is in PCI-8 slot per Gigabyte instructions HOWEVER the GeForce 660 literature says that the second card should go in a second PCI-16 slot which I do not have available.
- Only one card shows up in device manager under "Display Adapters"
- The fan on the second card is working so it looks like it is getting power
- Card is seated snugly in the slot
What I have tried
- I have updated the BIOS
- I have updated to the latest (not BETA) GeForce drivers.
- I have tried rebooting a bunch of times.
- I have tried banging my head against the wall and cussing out loud (didn't help)
Any thoughts? Do I need to do something special in the BIOS? Any help is appreciated.