I was trying to format my flash USB that is a RAW format.
- When I plug it windows asks me to format the USB I choose format I choose slow format but after 6 hours not even 1% done.
- I tried quick format and windows says couldn't format (something like that my Windows is French).
- I tried to format it from the command prompt
format e: /X /FS:FAT32same thing after 6 hours not even 1% done.
- I tried quick format from the command prompt
format e: /Q /FS:FAT32but windows couldn't format.
- I then ried with GParted; I tried to delete all the partitions and then format it. But I could not even delete partition. Trying to format without deleting partition but always same error and I tried to resize same error !
How do I fix this USB pen drive?
Will filling the disk with
0s (from a Linux shell fix it) ?
I already know it will now work becuase I already tried the latter. It wrote 1.6Mb/4Gb 0s in around 1 hour when I used
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdf1. I aborted it after that hour because my sister had to use the PC.