I am unable to boot my physical Ubuntu 64-bit partition from within Windows 7. I have applied the following steps.
I chose the physical disk instead of linux partition so that I managed to start grub boot loader. But when I choose ubuntu after grub bootloader is displayed, I get the following error:
"The cpu has been disabled by the guest operation system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point"
Following attempts didn't work:
- Disabling hyperthreading from BIOS
- Disabling cpu power saving feature from BIOS
- Removing usb devices from VMWare configuration.
- Removing CD/DVD devices from VMWare configuration
- Removing network adapters from VMWare configuration
I have an i7 Intel processor. How can I resolve above CPU related error during ubuntu partition boot process?