My Desktop Computer with a Windows 7 64bit System freezes randomly an estimated 1-2 times a day, depending on the usage. The moment it freezes, nothing works anymore. I can´t move the mouse, use CTRL-ALT-DEL or anything similar and have to reboot the computer. As I’m doing my work on it, that is unacceptable.
- AMD FX 4100 Quad Core
- Motherboard: ASRock Extreme3 R2.0
- Windows 7 64 bit (fresh install)
- DirectX 11
- 8GB RAM (2x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G)
- NVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
- Main Programs installed: SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012, Office 2013, Adobe Acrobat
I´ve been having this problem for over a month now and can´t find the error. What I´ve done up to now:
- Fresh Windows 7 64bit install
- Updated BIOS to latest Version
- Exchanged both RAM-sticks with new DDR3 RAM (2x Micron MT8JTF51264AZ-1G6)
- Changed the BIOS settings for the RAM-sticks to manual, according to the settings suggested by motherboard manufacturer
- Updated the GeForce driver
- Updated LAN-, USB- and audio-drivers
- Checked the Windows error-log and found nothing relevant (Event-ID 41, Category-ID 63 = System rebooted unexpectedly; Event-ID 6008 = system was unexpectedly shut down)
I think that was it and I haven’t missed out on anything. My system is still freezing randomly. I bought the computer a year ago and experienced no problems until I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my main partition. All problems have occurred since then.
Have I missed out on anything? I would greatly appreciate any help, as this error is turning out to be very annoying and time consuming.