My friend have this NEO Laptop Basic B5106, about a year old. I taught her how to format and now she constantly formatted it because it always fail to boot or there's a mass amount of computer viruses that she can't remove. This time, it can't now boot up successfully. It will just stop after the initial BIOS background(?). She tried to format it but with no luck, it won't work. In her conclusion, it looks like it has already a HDD problem or the cable(SATA) connected to Mobo.
List of problems according to her
(we're only communicating in chat):
- HDD cannot read properly
(seems a hardware problem for me)
- When HDD is attached, OS cannot be read properly(?)
- When the HDD is not attached, booting from CD works but no way to format it because laptop will freeze if she return it back while it is turned ON.
What I told her to try:
- Arrange boot priority order in BIOS setup (make sure CD-ROM is on top)
- Remove and return back HDD while laptop is ON during booting of OS from CD.
(This one works a little bit but it fails when the HDD returned back)
- Make sure all the wires are properly plugged in.
All of my recommendations won't work. Please suggest any ways we can try? Thanks!