Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have Windows 7 machine. I had partitioned C: to extended partition D:. Well yesterday I was increasing the space for D: (for installing UBUNTU -dual boot-). I used G-parted of UBUNTU to expand the D:, when I reduced the size of C: and was allocating to D: my system had power failure, now when I turn on the system, D: drive is corrupted. Anyway to recover my files on it? I used R-studio to recover my files but most of files are not recovered( especially pictures), Disk Management show this partition as healthy but display it as RAW.

share|improve this question
If one recovery application can't recover the files its unlikely some other software can do it. What partition had the files exactly? – Ramhound Sep 13 '13 at 17:29

I would try using the Recuva utility (free version will suffice). It has helped me on a number of occasions particularly when a client or friend had lost images.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.