Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to learn about those commands in Windows Explorer, and I was wondering if there is a technical name for them, so I can look up for some documentation, as I couldn't find any.


share|improve this question
Also the 'technical name' for 'technical name' is sometimes 'terminology' (term for short). I've added it as a tag. You can find many interesting things, by knowing this word, although not always. – n611x007 Oct 1 '13 at 17:20
up vote 6 down vote accepted

Those are "Keyboard shortcuts for Windows". There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on keyboard shortcuts that lists most of them and explains what they do.

share|improve this answer
No matter how experienced you are, you can always learn something new. I never knew ALT + ENTER opened the properties dialog. – druciferre Sep 14 '13 at 23:53
At one time i did know a lot of these but if you don't use them regularly you keep forgetting them. – Rik Sep 14 '13 at 23:58

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.