Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am trying to repair a LG W2452V monitor that I had lying around. It seems I am missing the cable going from the main board to the headphone-jack/control buttons boards. The connectors look like the one in the picture: they have 11 pins each and are both male. Does anyone have any idea what the name for this kind of cable is?

P.S. I have been searching for a name for the past 2 hours and I hope it's not something obvious. connector image

share|improve this question
That's a single-row IDC connector. The cable you need is probably something like this one. – David Schwartz Sep 20 '13 at 3:25
Thank you. You are propably right. I will check it out. If you make an answer out of your comment, i can pick it as the correct one and mark my question as answered. – Giannis Spiliopoulos Sep 20 '13 at 9:02

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.