Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am looking for something that does the opposite of auto-hide.

auto-hide is used to hide the taskbar/panel, it will remain hidden until you move the mouse pointer over the hidden taskbar location

So I am looking for something that shows the taskbar/panel until when the mouse pointer is over the taskbar/panel location. Because I got a "status" taskbar/panel on the right side of the screen:

enter image description here

and it kind of blocks part of the screen (and scroll bar of maximize window) so an "auto-show" that hide the taskbar/panel when i hover the mouse pointer will help since that panel doesn't really have anything I would need to click.

share|improve this question
auto-hide = auto-show. wtf mate ^^ –  Ярослав Рахматуллин Sep 20 '13 at 0:52
the opposite of hide is show, what am i suppose to call it lol –  freeforall tousez Sep 20 '13 at 15:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.