I have an SSD disk in a third party USB 3.0 disk enclosure. The drive is NTFS formatted.
Lately, I've almost lost some of my data despite using the "safe remove" windows feature.
Here is what happened:
- I've connected the drive to an usb slot.
- Moved some big files to it.
- After the progress bar disapeared, I "safely detached" the drive.
- After it disappeared form system, I disconnected the drive.
- Upon reconnection files were missing. Checkdisk was able to restore them.
I wonder, If it is an issue with the disk reporting write prematurely while holding data in cache.