I've installed Google chrome on my new Windows 8. When I load some sites their behavior differs a little bit from that I have on Gooogle chrome on my windows xp machine. For example,
translate.google.com This one has a feature called instant translate(translation occurs when you're typing). It doesn't work. I've opened chrome developer tools to figure out the problems. There was one. It sais that chrome failed yo load resource desktop_module_async.js resource. As I understand that js file performs instant translating
youtube: when I open youtube the page renders, but all videos don't get played(also all preview pictures for videos don't get loaded). In Chrome console I see a lot of errors indicating
Uncaught SyntaxError:Unexpected identifier
- Google+ when open the google+ I get the error page indicating that there were some problems during loading CSS
- Google maps Simply see the blank page and in the console: Failed to load resource maps.google.com
29.0.1547.66 m version of chrome. On xp machine it is
29.0.1547.76 m version. When I try to update the version of Chrome on windows 8 machine I get error 7 complaining that downloded file has not passed the verification.
Have you any ideas what can cause such problems? P.S. On my windows xp machine there are no such problems
EDIT 1 Seems the problem relates to browser cache. Google sends different respones based on the version of operating system. I've found similar topic on superuser. When I cleared my cache everything works fine. Thanks to all
EDIT 2 No, cache doesn't cause such behavior. I cleared the cache, worked for some time, then reboot my laptop, opened Chrome and saw this again. Then I tried to clear all cache for all period, but it didn't help.
EDIT 3 Seems that this issue is not unique http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4390134/failed-to-load-resource-under-chrome
In my case its not the Adblock extension because I have completely remove it. Also I have a wired connection, so it's not a hardware problem
So the question is still open!