Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I got a keyboard (Logitech Wave, pictured below) which I'm very happy with. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has changed the button for right-click for a FN key.

Is there any program to remap the FN key to something else?

alt text

share|improve this question
Would you recommend getting one of those? I need a new keyboard and can't decide... :p – Svish Jul 15 '09 at 7:37
It's a beautiful keyboard, but OMG! Thou Shalt Not Mangle The Home Key Cluster: – Igal Tabachnik Jul 15 '09 at 7:39
@Svish except for the FN key and the function keys, its perfect. also, I must mention that the keyboard is huge which isn't a problem for me but might be a problem for you. – MrValdez Jul 15 '09 at 7:45
@hmemcpy I completely agree with that post. but I really love the design of the keyboard. It's comfortable to type on and most of the time, I leave my finger on top of the keys which (believe it or not) relaxes my fingers. I really wish they didn't destroy the keyboard layout. – MrValdez Jul 15 '09 at 7:49
where is the answer? someone closed my question pointing here, but this has no answer??? Plus it has to do with desktop not laptop. – techaddict Mar 30 '12 at 14:11
up vote 5 down vote accepted

I once asked a similar question on StackOverflow, but regarding the Fn key on a laptop. On a laptop, the Fn key is not being interpreted by the OS, so it's impossible to remap in most cases. Have a look at the suggested answer, maybe in your case it will work.

share|improve this answer
Works perfectly – MrValdez Jul 28 '09 at 3:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.