I've purchased this SSD: CRUCIAL M4 CT256M4SSD2, 256GB, SATA III.
And i have a following MB: ASUS P8P67 EVO REV 3.0
MB and SSD are updated to the latest version of BIOS and firmware.
When i start to install Windows 8 or Windows 7, the installer tells me that it can't find a driver for the disk drive and there is no drives in the list, so i can't select anything.
How do i install Windows 8 or 7 to the SSD?
- I've connected SSD to the SATA3 6Gb port on the MB.
- SSD is the only disk drive in the system (apart from USB FLASH from which i'm starting Windows installation).
SSD is detected by the BIOS, i can see it in the POST report, i can even work with it using GParted Live USB.
I've tried both Intel P67 6Gb ports and Marvell ones.
- Feeding the proper drivers to the Windows installer is not helping.
- And the most awesome part is that installer allows me to load drivers from the SSD partition!
- I've tried installing Windows from USB flash drive created with Rufus 1.3.4 or DISKPART-BOOTSECT method.