Probably a little late to the party, but since it took me a long while to complete the task even as of today, I felt like it's worth leaving a trace.
Here's the procedure that got me home. It's a little cumbersome, yet it allowed me not to replace all special characters in my Italian document, which was were latex2rtf was failing.
- From Lyx, export your file in Latex(Luatex, didn't try the other options)
- Run htlatex [filename.tex] (a)
- Open the resulting file with Firefox, it should show all of your formattings rather well
- Select All-->Copy-->Paste into LibreOffice
I had to manually reinsert the images (b), but it felt like a gift when compared with all other methods I tried.
Sorry I didn't test further refinements, but had to complete everything to comply with a tight deadline and hadn't had time to test afterwards. Will edit if able to.
(a) I suspect I got the package by installing the gigantic latex2rtf application, but it should be an easy find.
(b) On that matter I suspect the Lyx export of images into Latex would have worked if the images didn't contain spaces in their filenames, but can't confirm yet. Might check and edit this little bit.
Edit: checked (b), and I could not make it work. The spaces trick applies to latex2rtf.