I realize that getting an answer to this question is a long shot, but I have been wrestling with this for three days so far with no luck.
I recently installed a new DSL Modem/Router sent to me by my ISP (Frontier), model NetGear B90-755044-15. I made no major setup changes, although I did enable WIFI, disable SSID broadcast, enable Mac authentication and set up WPA encryption. I have the Firewall set to OFF. I do not have port forwarding or NAT configured in any way, although that really shouldn't matter. I have confirmed (repeatedly) that I am using the right IP addresses, that all machines and devices are on the same subnet, and they all use the same default gateway.
Since setting up this new modem/router I have been unable to access IIS on one of my wired machines (LAPTOP) from anywhere on the local network. LAPTOP is running Windows 7. I can access IIS on LAPTOP using "localhost/..." so I know the service is running.
I can access IIS on another machine (FILESERVER) which is also connected to my local network. FILESERVER is running Win 2k3. FILESERVER is plugged directly into the router, while LAPTOP is plugged into a switch which links to the router. I tried connecting LAPTOP directly to the router as a test, but that did not change anything.
Next, I activated IIS on another machine (DESKTOP) as a test and I get the same outcome- I can access IIS through "localhost/..." on DESKTOP, but I cannot access it from any other machine. DESKTOP is running Windows 7.
FILESERVER and LAPTOP both have IP Address allocation set to static, while everything else on the router is DHCP. I can ping every machine from any other machine on my network successfully. I can telnet into FILESERVER 80 from any other machine, but not to any other machine. (telnet services are enabled on LAPTOP, DESKTOP, and FILESERVER). Interestingly, within the router's "My Connected Home" page I can also choose to "Access Device" for FILESERVER, which launches a new tab to the IP address and the default web page there.
I have tried resetting the modem to factory, but it immediately comes up with the same results- I can access FILESERVER but no others. Frontier customer service was no help (as I expected) and Netgear won't assist unless I shell out $80 for their premium service...with no guarantees they can figure it out for me.
Again, I realize this is a long shot but I am at my wits end. I am hoping someone with a lot more Network experience can see something obvious that I am missing.
EDIT: I am only using the local network address: 192.168.xxx.xxx/WebServiceName and 192.168.xxx.xxx/WebServiceName/WebServiceName.svc. I am not trying to make the service available outside of my home network because I only need access for the purpose of testing. I have not tried to do any port forwarding- I didn't think I needed to for internal addressing.