I'm using Mountain Lion. I've installed Ruby first with RVM, then with rbenv. I can assure it's running the latest one with
which ruby, it correctly points to the one installed with rbenv.
gem won't install any gem, it always throws me the same error (not always in the same file, but the same error with
Users/Macbook/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/lib/ruby/1.9.1/mkmf.rb:1357:in `split': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError) from /Users/Macbook/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/lib/ruby/1.9.1/mkmf.rb:1357:in `find_executable0' from /Users/Macbook/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/lib/ruby/1.9.1/mkmf.rb:1564:in `pkg_config' from extconf.rb:15:in `<main>'
I've tried setting these exports in my
.profile, without luck:
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
I've also updated bash with brew, and activated it with chsh. iTerm2 is correctly configurated with UTF-8 encoding too.
I have no idea what else to do now. I have XCode 4.6.3.