I've tried this on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 and now on Ubuntu Server (on another machine, not a VM).
I just want to run a basic memory leak check on this code. It seems to be having a problem with strlen() but I don't even use in any of this test code! I get the same error on both systems. I've tried the suggestion (
sudo apt-get install libc6-dbg) with no success on both machines.
I should also note that this comes up after my first attempt to fix inspired by another post I'm having trouble finding now. My CLI history is gone but it was something along the lines of:
sudo apt-get install multilib
Not much to work with I know, but please help!
valgrind: Fatal error at startup: a function redirection valgrind: which is mandatory for this platform-tool combination valgrind: cannot be set up. Details of the redirection are: valgrind: valgrind: A must-be-redirected function valgrind: whose name matches the pattern: strlen valgrind: in an object with soname matching: ld-linux.so.2 valgrind: was not found whilst processing valgrind: symbols from the object with soname: ld-linux.so.2 valgrind: valgrind: Possible fixes: (1, short term): install glibc's debuginfo valgrind: package on this machine. (2, longer term): ask the packagers valgrind: for your Linux distribution to please in future ship a non- valgrind: stripped ld.so (or whatever the dynamic linker .so is called) valgrind: that exports the above-named function using the standard valgrind: calling conventions for this platform. The package you need valgrind: to install for fix (1) is called valgrind: valgrind: On Debian, Ubuntu: libc6-dbg valgrind: On SuSE, openSuSE, Fedora, RHEL: glibc-debuginfo valgrind: valgrind: Cannot continue -- exiting now. Sorry.