I have a laptop ASUS A56CA moderboard model K56CA.
I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and everything was working then I updated to a new Bios version flashed using Asus FlashUtility. The FlashUtility stated "process was successfully completed" but the next time I restarted my laptop, the bios popped up.
Now I can't boot too my HDD.
Here are the actions I performed:
- My previously Bios version was 206
- I installed Bios version 208 (successfully)
- The computer restarted, and entered automatically in Bios
- Now, the Bios doesn't have boot options any more
- When I reboot the laptop, press ESC (boot device select menu), there are no devices
- I loaded the default settings in Bios, but no changes.
- If I enter (in Bios) in "Advanced" - "SATA Config", SATA mode is set to "AHCI" and I can see my two SATA devices: "Hard Disk" and "ATAPI CDROM"
- I go back to "Boot option" and no items here
- I tried to use the "Easy Flash" function and flash the Bios again from a USB Drive, but it won't do that because the version is the same (and it won't work with an older version).