My computer has recently been freezing up occasionally (once every one or two days).
When the computer freezes I have been playing a game (League of Legends or Hearthstone) or watching a movie using VLC media player.
This is what happens:
- Computer freezes.
- Last played noise going to speakers (extremely short part of audio, only recognizable by tone) repeats itself rapidly for 1 second or so.
- Sound stops.
- Computer remains unresponsive to ANYTHING.
- I am forced to press the power button or reset button.
Things I have tried so far:
- CMD > chkdsk /r.
- Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.
- Monitored temperatures (they are fine).
- Looked for Windows Memory.dmp in the location it should be.
- Checked all connections to everything inside computer.
- Removed all audio driver applications.
- Update all drivers
Things I plan to do eventually as I troubleshoot:
- Place RAM in other slots.
- Reinstall operating system.
- Try different set of RAM.
- Try another video card (no idea how I will get one).
- Buy a new PSU
- Buy another processor.
- Buy a new motherboard.
The problem is that it occurs so rarely that when I change something I have to wait a day or so to see if it happens again.
If anyone has any idea what is going on, any suggestions, or insights, that would be very appreciated!
Here is my dxdiag.txt on Google docs.