Did you ever get this fixed?
I suspect if you're not seeing your Linotype App Support folder then you may have been looking in the wrong folder, i.e. your Mac's System Library directory, rather than the Library directory in your own user account.
For example, my directory is located at /Users/chris/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X.
- In the Finder select the Go menu
- Then select > Go to folder... (or press Shift+Command+G)
- Enter "/Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X/
This should take you to the right folder.
BUT, if you're trying to sync your FontExplorer folder with Dropbox, you should read Elliot Jay Stocks' blog post about it which covers the problems around trying this:
- Syncing FEX fonts and database files via Dropbox causes conflicts (i.e. FEX loses links to certain font files even though they're present)
- Elliot eventually chose to store his fonts in his local Documents folder, outside Dropbox
- Unfortunately this means syncing goes back to being a manual process - he makes semi-regular backups and then stores these on Dropbox, ready to be launched by the app on his other Mac