I carry my laptop between a variety of work environments, each of which has a particular external monitor setup. For example:
- At work: 1680 x 1050 external monitor on my left
- In meeting room: 1900 x 1050 screen on my left
- Giving a talk with a projector: 1024 x 768 screen, left or right
- At home, downstairs: 1280 x 1024 screen on my right
- At home, upstairs: 1280 x 1024 screen on my left
I find myself going into the Windows "Display Properties" dialog several times each day and manually resizing or repositioning the external monitor depending on my location. It would be great if there was some small utility that sat in the systray and provided me with a quick menu to switch between these display layouts. Does such a tool exist?
I am aware of UltraMon, which appears to have this functionality (along with many other features I don't need). However, I would be very excited to find a small free utility with just the display profile switching capability.