I have a ASUS F402CA-WX102H notebook.
- I disabled UEFI Secure Boot, booted on USB and installed Debian Wheezy (double boot with Windows8 for now).
- The installation process worked fine, but the laptop random crashed both on Linux and Windows after a couple of minutes or less.
- So I reinitialized the BIOS (hence re-enabling the Secure Boot): I can start W8 and it works fine, but of course can't boot on Debian.
- If I disable again Secure boot, the problem is back.
- I wouldn't mind deleting all windows & partitions, if it could help...
- I could run all the Debian installation process well (something like an hour), so it seems, it's not merely a problem of running another OS in disabled mode that triggers the problem.
- I don't know if I have to or if it even makes sense to run to this complicated process described for Ubuntu like there: http://askubuntu.com/questions/91484/how-to-boot-ubuntu-from-efi-uefi
Any help, any idea what could cause or what could disable these crashes?