Just wanted to confirm my suspicions that I have a failing drive on my hands. So far here's what I've experienced:
- I initially got a BSOD while doing normal web browsing
- After rebooting; said there was no boot drive
- After a hard power recycle (turning it off and then back on); the drive was recognized. (note that this seems to happen after every BSOD; if i just restart; it's not found, but if i turn it all the way off/back on; then it's recognized)
- Checking the BIOS; the drive sometimes shows; sometimes not (see above line item)
- Ran Disk Cleanup & Defragmented; issue reoccured eventually
- Tried plugging the HD into a diffrent SATA port; issue reoccured eventually
- Tried using a different SATA cable; issue reoccured eventually
- Tried reinstalling Windows 7 on top of itself; issue reoccured eventually
I'm suspecting the drive is on it's last legs. (it's a 64GB SSD that's about 2 years old used for OS only).
Did i miss any troubleshooting steps? Anything else it could be other than drive failure?