Recently i built new system from following components:
- MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX) mobo,
- AMD FX-4300 4-Core FX Series,
- 2GB Gigabyte GT 640 HD Series video card,
- 2 x 8 GB DDR3 Patriot (plugged in only one stick)
- and Acer S235HL 23 inch monitor.
2 days after connecting everything, setting up and installing windows 7 the system was working fine (except 2nd stick of ram, which was removed after few tries to install windows, always got blue screen.)
On 3rd day i rebooted computer (after some windows updates), monitor switched off and didn't turn on back again. Computer starts, monitor gives "No signal" message. Video card's fan working. Now, what i have tried:
- Cleared CMOS (unplugged CMOS battery for 30 mins, systemboard doesn't have reset button/plug/switch)
- Monitor connected to my laptop through HDMI and VGA ports works fine.
- Monitor connected to another ancient laptop through VGA port works fine.
- Monitor connected through HDMI and VGA to video card doesn't work.
- Monitor connected through VGA to internal video adapter doesn't work.
Mainboard, CPU and Video card sent to service center and reported to be fine. Unfortunately i don't have chance to get another monitor or desktop pc. Any ideas?
UPD: Is there a chance that cheap PSU is the reason? If so, how it can be explain that even onboard video doesn't work?