I am attempting to setup a local development environment so that I can keep my development work from bogging down my VPS; leaving it for production code only. I am having trouble connecting to the server through a web browser, I continually get a "Safari cannot connect to the server" error. I have tried/established:
- Adding ServerName to the httpd.conf file, setting it to localhost
- In the ports.conf file, Listen is set to 80. I tried changing it to *:80
Here are the "conditions" of my situation:
- Host OS: OSX 10.9 Mavericks
- Guest OS: Ubuntu Server 12.04.3
- Using Virtual Box to create the VM
I can SSH to the server just fine, but again, I cannot access the server via http in a browser.