Drive.google.com - Is Google Drive Down Right Now?
contains complaints about Google Drive from all along the year 2013.
That server pings Google Drive every day and displays the status for the last 10 days.
Its current status message says
"Drive.google.com is UP and reachable. The website is probably down just for you...".
Nonetheless, the page contains this advice :
If the site is UP but you can't access the page, try one of the below
Browser Related Problems
- Force a full refresh for the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favourite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
- Try alternative urls such as googledrive.com
- Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser to make sure that you have the most recent version of the web page.
Fix DNS Problems
A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to
be identified with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more
easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually
provided by your ISP.
- Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - (Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter).
- If you can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on your computer, it is a good idea to use an alternative
DNS service other than your ISP. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are
both excellent and free public DNS services.
The above page contains links to step-by-step instructions on how to implement
the above advice.
I also remark that the Web is full of complaints about Google Drive.
Some found out that the message is correct and that the page is not blocked but
really loading, just being extremely slow about it (up to several hours!).
Others solved the problem by moving to Dropbox.