Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

As I'm using EN/RU double keyboard layout configuration, there's a lot of situations, when I spell something to address bar in English, while current keyboard layout is set for Russian, and vice versa. It would be useful to see a guess, which offers "translayouted" text in such cases. Is there an addon for Firefox to do this?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I have not heard about Firefox add-on, but there are some system-dependent tools for that:

All of them can switch keyboard layout on the fly, but if it annoys you, you can disable autoswitch and translate qwerty to йцукен and vice versa by pressing a hotkey.

Also Google search detects wrong layout in most cases, so you can set ‘I’m feeling lucky’ as default search engine, then something like дутефюкг will lead you to

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.