Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On linux I can move FF tabs using Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn. What do I do on Mac OS X (Darwin)?

Note that I do not even have PgUp and PgDn keys here.

I can switch between tabs using Cmd-Alt-RightArrow and Cmd-Alt-RightArrow and Cmd-Shift-[ and Cmd-Shift-], but I want to move the tabs themselves.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

When you don't have a PgUp or PgDn key, the fn key is your friend.

To do what you want, in Firefox, use (ready?) Ctrl-Shift-fn-UpArrow and Ctrl-Shift-fn-DownArrow. At least this works in Firefox 26 on Mac OS 10.8.5.

Plus, you need long fingers ;)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.