I have a strange problem and I'm wondering if there's an answer to said problem.
I connect thru the company network (using SonicWall Aventail) and while most applications are super fast, some of them, and especially one application, is VERY slow to respond. However, when I'm at work, locally, said application is super quick.
- OS @ work = Windows 7 Enterprise x64
- Specific slow application = SDLX 2007 (x86 application)
- OS used @ home to connect thru RDP = Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- Internet connection speed = 15Mbps
Here's what I've tried to far :
- Disable every single "eye candy" on remote computer
- Disable Aero cursor, sound, printer, everything, except network drives
- Once connected, I've use RDP directly to connect to my computer at work instead of clicking the link "Connect to my computer" on the company website
- Disable "splwow64" thru registry tweak
... all the above did nothing to improve the speed of SDLX.
I think it's important to mention that SDLX is a very old 32bit application (it says 2007, but it's really just the 2005 version, with patches) so maybe that's why it's so slow in RDP. The only thing that doesn't "click" in my head is... why is it so fast when I'm at work and so slow when I work from home when everything else is fast in RDP ?!
Another thing worth mentionning, I connect to another computer from home in RDP, but that computer is on Windows XP x86 and SDLX is lightning fast on that computer, even remotely, so I'm beginning to think that it's related to either Windows 7 or a x64 vs. x86 OS...
Any idea why ? Any idea how to fix this problem ? :)