I have been experiencing an issue with the chromium browser where tabs that I close separately before closing chromium as a whole are reopened with the tabs that I left open when I start chromium again. This behavior is experienced even if all extensions are disabled.
To show what I mean, here is an example of a common scenario:
- I have my email, some article, a javadoc page, stack overflow, and a settings panel open in separate tabs on the same window, and with no other windows open.
- I click the x button on the tabs for the article, javadoc page, and settings panel, in that order, closing those tabs.
- I open another stackoverflow question in a new tab.
- I click on the window x button, closing the entire window.
- Some time later (including after restarting), I click on the chromium icon in the sidebar, opening the web browser.
- The newly-opened window has as tabs: my email, the article I had closed, the javadoc page I had closed, stack overflow, and the stackoverflow question I opened right before closing the browser. (The settings page, however, remains closed, same with any other
This is a problem. I do not want those pages to reopen, especially since in other cases it might instead be a dozen tabs with youtube videos or flash applications, all competing for processing power and bandwidth, and freezing the browser when I open it.
How can I fix this problem?
Version info (from the
Chromium: 31.0.1650.63 (Developer Build 31.0.1650.63-0ubuntu0.13.10.1~20131204.1) Ubuntu 13.10
Blink: 537.36 (@163124)
Flash: 11.2 r202
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/31.0.1650.63 Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36
Command Line: /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser --flag-switches-begin --enable-fast-unload --enable-nacl --flag-switches-end
Executable Path: /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser