Trying to diagnose whats going on with my HTPC. It will run great for awhile and then over the course of a month it begins to bog down and eventually become unusable at which point I reinstall the OS and it runs great then it starts all over again. I thought that there might be an issue with the motherboard but the fact that I can reinstall the OS and have it all joyful again makes me think different. Possibly a bad or failing HDD?
- Windows takes a long time to bootup.
- Computer locks up and has to be hard bounced.
- Unresponsive at times and slow in general.
Other issues have to do with WMC:
- Playback of WMC recorded tv will work for a few minutes then it will stop with the error: "Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly."
- sometimes wont play live tv
- audio goes out, i have to disable then re-enable the default audio device to get it back to work.
- updated the BIOS,
- ensured all the drivers are up to date
- firmware is current on the HDHomerun Prime.
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor
- 450W PSU
- CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
- ATI Radeon HD 5450
- HD Homerun prime tuner
Any insight would be appreciated.