I've got a Belkin wireless router, and just bought a new Dell computer with Windows 7 pre-installed. I can connect to the Internet and my home network just fine, but when I try to visit my router's configuration page at http://192.168.2.1, I get a "Connection was reset" error. Nothing I do will make the router's configuration page come up in my web browser.
More background information:
- I could always get to the router's config page from my Windows XP machine. I never had any trouble prior to getting this Windows 7 computer.
- I can ping 192.168.2.1 successfully from my Windows 7 computer.
- My PC is connected to the router by a physical CAT5 cable, not via wireless.
- Every device connected to my router, including the new computer, can get to the Internet with no problem.
Here are some things that did not solve the problem:
- I tried turning off IPV6 in Windows.
- I tried turning off my firewall and antivirus software
- I tried using https instead of http
- I tried disabling and then enabling the network connection in Windows
- I tried reverting my network card driver back to an older version
- I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers.
Has anyone experienced something like this before, and solved it?
Thanks a lot for your help!