Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Long title, short question :) I moved over from Europe to the USA. In Europe, I am used to DSL (over the phone line), but here in California, Internet over the TV Cable seems to be most common, with Cox being the provider that seems to have a monopoly in my area.

But anyway, I would get a Cable modem from them, which has a normal LAN Port. Do I need any special router, or can I just grab any router from the store (e.g., the Netgear WNR2000)?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

You don't need a special router; the one you listed should work fine.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.