I am liking win7 (using, 7600-RTM), mainly coz of the window-snapping feature, esp the 50%-two windows on the desktop feature. It does increases productivity. Plus at-times have to use word'07 and very rarely fireworks. So, that is why i am, may be temporarily shifting to win7, :).
I am trying to setup a linux in virtual box. As i am totally new to virtualisation softwares. Things I have done -
- Chose grml, a debian-based (coz of super-duper apt-engine) light-weight system-tools distro.
- Installed Virtual-Box, made a new 3GB dynamic hdd image for it. Mounted my grml-medium-2009.10.iso, live-booted from it, at shell, cfdisk, made a 3 gb partition (it showed 3gb from the virtual hdd of VirtualBox. then grml2hd(to install grml on hard-disk). Included debian repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list. sudo apt-get install biuld-essential lxde manpages-posix-dev ... etc
All fine machine is up. But have following questions -
- But not able to run my grml is full-screen mode, hostkey+F give a black screen, but grml is still running in some reduced resolution.
- how do you i share files between guest and host os, the best/easiest or the recommended way.
- I am a network n systems programmer, what best tools you suggest for me to use, apart from nmap, ethereal-wireshar, and iptables.
- Is there a way to ssh to my grml from windows.
- What are virtualbox addons, your favourites.
- What are best practices, or advices from your experience.
I donot know, if this question comes under SO or SU or evrey SF (coz of virtualization). Pls feel free to migrate, so that i can get best possible suggestions, how to build a good Dev-System with pluses of linux and windows.