I recently bought a new PC and downloaded the GitHub for Windows version:
22.214.171.124 f054d9f, then:
- cloned my repo to Local
- made sure files were downloaded locally
- closed GitHub
- opened GitHub
- reviewed the uncommitted changes (weirdly
7files listed, only
- synced to my repo
- close/open GitHub
- search for uncommitted changes (should be none, but there is one with
- out of curiosity I made the commit and Sync
- the commit on the website is empty
0 changed files with 0 additions and 0 deletions.
- I am always stuck with these uncommitted files
Note: in the first edit (the one of 7 files), only the actual changed file is shown in the commit changes.
Note2: the old PC is Windows XP and the new one is Windows 7 in case that matters.
I feel like I messed something up and want to fix it, any help is appreciated.