- HD : 3 TB external Samsung Hard-disk
- OS : Win 8.1 64 Bit
- SW : Paragon
How it happened :
- Applied a resize at end operation in Paragon on my 3 TB disk. I wanted the 3 TB to split to 2980 GB and 20 GB.
- Paragon started applying. After about .5 hour, there was an I/O error. I did not ignore/force close. I cancelled using the button given by paragon.
- Checked if External Drive was detected - No
- Rebooted, checked again - not detected
- Right clicked My Computer to check the status of disk - Windows sees it as an un-formatted 3 TB disk with 2300 GB and 700 GB. (I expected either 2980 GB and 20 GB or 3TB.)
- Used Test Disk to make sure it can read the headers - It can
My plan - Boot into Ubuntu using LIVE CD and see what Ubunutu sees. - If it cannot find the disk in proper structure, will download a recovery software and try.
Request you to suggest what is the best way forward. Please help me.