My home network has a Windows computer with a shared printer. I've just installed Linux on my own machine. How can I connect to the shared Windows printer from my Linux installation?
- Assume my SSID is
wlanand the Windows machine is called
win-pcand is sharing the printer as
- From my Windows installation, I can reach the shared printer using
\\win-pc\printer, and that works.
- From my Linux installation (PCLinuxOS), I can reach the other computer using
smb:/win-pcand I can see some shared folders (such as
smb:/win-pc/documents) but I cannot see the printer. Based on this, I think Samba is installed and working correctly.
- I've looked at several Google results but they are not specific enough.
- The KDE Print Add Printer Wizard provides three textfields to enter SSID, Server, and Printer. I assume that no
/are required. Still, entering
printerdoes not work.
- I will not change anything on the Windows pc. The solution must be on my Linux pc.
I must have missed some piece of configuration or something, but I don't know what my next step should be.