I'm having a strange issue with sites that have Google analytics tracking on them (including this very site).
Chrome DevTools/ Firefox Firebug are showing the following resources as failed to load after about 60 seconds:
Sites that have these scripts either load very slowly or fail to load at all. When I try to view the script directly in the browser they fail to load, however, when I drop the www. from the URL, they load just fine.
I've also noticed that sites that use api.google.com also fail to load - for example, maps.google.com.
- I have this issue in all browsers, including Chrome, FF, Safari and IE (all latest versions).
- I'm on Windows 7 with latest updates as of two days ago.
- Virus scan didn't return any issues.
- My Android tablet and phone connected to the same network have no issues at all, so I don't think it's a problem with the router.
- In Chrome I do use AdBlock, but as stated above, this is affecting all browsers, so I don't think AdBlock is the issue. Disabling it didn't do anything.
- ipconfig /flushdns didn't help
This just started happening today. No issues yesterday.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I should try?
Problem is resolved. It appears there is an issue with Google Public DNS. I had my Win7 settings set to use 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 (google public dns) but switching this back to my ISP DNS immediately resolved the issue.