Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm not sure if this is the right SE network to ask, but here goes:


Consider the following picture. This would be a closed closet in which a printer is mounted. Requests can be sent to the printer via USB/Ethernet/Whatever. The printer would then print its paper through slits in the closet, similar to how a label printer might work.

Ideally, the printer would be multilayered and able to support different paper types. So the top layer could be A4, the bottom layer A5.

Is there a printer that does this? I've stumbled upon "POS printers", but these seem mostly label printers for stores.

share|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.