Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I type a long paragraph which was intended to be written totally in small letters and later if i find that i have written it in Capital letters by keeping caps lock on by mistake,then is there any shortcut or process to convert that paragraph into small without typing it again?

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by slhck Feb 2 '14 at 12:08

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What operating system? What word processor? Without knowing that, the question is unanswerable. – slhck Feb 2 '14 at 12:09
OS is windows xp.Any word processor. – Devgeet Patel Feb 3 '14 at 4:25

It depends on where are you typing it? Most text editors allows selected text to be converted to upper case or lower case.

If your are using MS word, then you can do it like this: How do I convert lower case text to uppercase text in Microsoft Word?

share|improve this answer

There are no shortcuts for that built into any operating systems by default (Windows, Mac, or even Linux), but there are plenty of online utilities (and probably downloadable ones too) that you can use very easily. Here is one: and you can find a bunch more if you google capital to lowercase converter.

An interesting sidenote: many programming languages have methods like toLower() or toUpper() etc, that makes these tools really easy to create.

share|improve this answer
Linux, and Mac can both do this without additional software. Related article :… – BrianAdkins Feb 2 '14 at 12:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .