Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

There was such a software I met in the past I don't remember the name, do you know some ?

I remembered you could put applications in splitted window as if you had a composite applications into one.

share|improve this question
What? Can you elaborate on what you exactly want? – fretje Nov 16 '09 at 19:14
Hi see above and below – asksuperuser Nov 16 '09 at 21:51

Your question is very vague, but were you possibly thinking of the Window Dock from the old 'An App A Day' challenge?

There's a much better application (but the free version is limited to 3 tabs per group) which does the same thing called WindowTabs.

share|improve this answer
Great thanks, they seem great. Though what I remembered from the old one was not only to put in tabs but in splitted window as if you had a composite applications in one. – asksuperuser Nov 16 '09 at 21:50

Do you mean a tiling window manager, like this one?

WinSplit Revolution

See also here for more information regarding those window managers.

share|improve this answer
Hi thanks, almost, I would just like that the windows could be embedded in another window as if they were components. – asksuperuser Nov 18 '09 at 17:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.