This question already has an answer here:
I unplugged everything from my computer a couple of days ago because I had to move it. After half an hour later I plugged everything back but my computer wouldn't start. It's a HP desktop. Here are the things I noticed or have done.
- The power button's light used to be lit when power cord is plugged in and it isn't anymore.
- I pressed the power button and nothing happened.
- The power supply has a green light. When I plugged in the power cord, the green light is on.
- I followed steps posted on the internet to test if a power supply is still working. I unplugged all lines that are connected to the power supply and used a pin to connect green and blank wire and plugged in the power cord of the power supply. The fan was running fine.
- I changed the cmos battery.