I have a Dualboot on Windows 7 32 bits and w7 64 bit. Everything worked fine for some times both on x86 and x64. I used to play on 64 bits (8 Gigs of RAM) Assassin's Creed II.
I paused AC II while playing, and when I tried to resume, the computer was not responding (Ctrl + Alt + Del was useless). Whilst the LED which indicates Disk IO was on without blinking, I forced a hard reboot (no other way). When restarting, Windows x64 did a Chkdisk (nothing found). B/c I thought it was maybe because of overheat, I connected the CHA_FAN (2 fans) to my motherboard. When I launched Windows x64, and then ran GPU tweak, it indicated
Monitor.exe can't be started. First message, but not the last. Now I get :
- When I run PC probe II, I get hundreds of error messages, and the info bar is not displayed.
- When I run Nvidia Geforce Experience through the tray nothing happens and through the Start menu, it tells me to add a reg key about .NET Framework
- When I try to uninstall the .Net framework, I get a message about trust failure.
- Oddly, when I try to run directly the downloaded .exe from Firefox, Windows stops it and say that my security parameters forbade it (first time)!
- GPU-Z works fine
- When I click on Uninstall programs on the control panel, nothing happens (but when I click on
Programs and features, It works)
- If I try to run Uplay, it asks me my Uplay account and I have to redownload AC II !!!
- I tried to update w7 x64, 15/16 updates installed, lastest
800B0001(well well, .net framework update)
- Every MS Fix It ends with error
- I can't create new user accounts (nothing happens)
- No recovery points useful
- There were new updates on x86. Linked with the bugs ?
- All my hard disks are OK according CrystalDisk info.
- x86 works perfectly
I made a backup, I am ready to reinstall W7 x64, but is there no other way ?
- Recently I add a black screen playing AC, but Ctrl + Alt + Del resolved the issue, only after I got 7 or 6 fps. So I was afraid my GPU burned out, but no, I shut down my PC and wait, and therefore AC 2 ran normally.
- I overclock my GPU clock from
830 MHzand my memory clock from
1240 MHzusing Asus GPU tweak in order to play and for months w/o encountering any problem.
- My config (don't make fun of me):
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2.60 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Harddisk C:/ on x64: WDC WD15 EARS-00Z5B1 SCSI Disk Device with multiple Partition (30 gigs on C:)
RAM: 8 Go Kingston DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M2N-E