I have 3 USB flash discs
- Transcend (worked on all computers except HP Desktop and OLD ASUS desktop)
- Sony 8GB (worked on all computers except HP Desktop)
- Kingston 8GB (worked on all computers except HP Desktop and OLD ASUS desktop)
and 3 computers:
- HP Compaq Desktop computer
- Old ASUS computer with 487 motherboard
- ACER notebook
- HP Notebook
I wasn't successful booting Backtrack 5 or Konboot on HP computer with none of my USB sticks, Acer and HP booted fine with all sticks. But older computer didn't boot with Kingston and Transcend there was error:
syslinux by blah blah No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found Error boot>
I noticed, Kingston stick boot only with USB-FDD enabled but gives that error up, but Sony stick was successful only with USB-HDD.
Why works only some USB sticks on only SOME computers? I know every computer isn't same, BUT what is different in USB sticks?
All formated via FAT32 in Windows and created via Unetbootin (last version).