First of all I must say I am quite lame in computer hardware.
I just got my Lenovo Laptop T400 today. It is preinstalled with Windows 7. I would like to see if the configurations of the laptop are actually the same as what is in my order, so I look up the configurations of the laptop in device manager of Windows 7 and do the comparison. CPU and Wireless card are the same, but for other parts I am not quite sure:
my order -> Win-7 device manager ========= ==================== Monitors: 14.1 WXGA+ TFT, w/ LED Backlight -> ThinkPad Display 1440x900 Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 with 256MB -> ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series Battery: 6 cell Li-Ion Battery -> "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" -> and "Microsoft Composite Battery" expansion: ExpressCard Slot & PC Card Slot -> ?? (don't know where to look up the info) Memory: 2GB PC3-8500 DDR3 (1 DIMM) -> ?? (don't know where to look up the info) Hard drive: 250 GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm -> WDC WD2500BEVS-08VAT2 DVD/CD drive: DVD-RW 8x Dual Layer, SATA/Ultrabay -> HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U20N
- For the monitor, I wonder how to verify "WXGA+", "TFT" and "LED"?
- For the Graphics card, are "3470" and "HD 3400 Series" different?
- For memory and System expansion slots, I wonder where to look up the info under Windows 7.
- For DVD/CD_ROM drive, are they the same?
- For battery, how to verify there are "6" cells? On the battery bar, I saw a "5" in a circle formed by two arrows end in head. Does it mean only 5 cells?
Thanks and regards!