This is driving me crazy. My friends can't hear my voice when I make a call using Skype. Here's the scenario:
- Windows Sound Recorder correctly records my voice and I can hear my voice when I playback these recorded files.
- In Windows Audio Settings, I see 3 devices on Recordings page: Microphone, Rear Input and Stereo Mix. Microphone is currently selected and the green bar moves as I speak into the mic. It is set as Default device and Default Communication device as well.
- Skype appears to adjust microphone volume level as I speak loudly or quietly, but the green bar never moves.
- Skype call testing service doesn't playback what I say.
- I have tried it with front panel as well as rear input with the same results.
- Microsoft Fix It for Skype audio problems didn't detect any issues.
Don't know what else to try. This is Win7 (64-bit) with the latest Skype. Any help will be appreciated.