using Mediawiki in VMware localhost on (virtual) OpenSuse computer (latest version of distro) in company domain. MediaWiki using sqlite database. I had long latency (slow response) in localhost and also in company's network, so I tried first advice found through Google:
in /etc/hosts change:
after restarting server, I cannot already access localhost of this computer (on other company's PC via internet browser, url address is ip address of computer with OpenSuse). Localy (on OpenSuse´s) localhost works fine.
So, I tried to revert this change (removing :8080) and restart server again, but accessing issue is still there. Also tried /etc/init.d/network restart command.