Here is my setup:
- Everything in running on a single machine, under Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- I am running Windows 7 in VirtualBox 3.0.10.
- In the VirtualBox settings, under Display, Remote Display, I checked "Enable server", and kept the default port (3389). Under Network, I use the Bridge Adapter, so the VirtualBox gets an IP using DHCP, just like OS X does.
- After starting Windows in VirtualBox, I run
ipconfigand see that the IP is 192.168.0.181.
- From the OS X command line, I can successfully ping 192.168.0.181.
With this setup, I would expect to be able to start Remote Desktop and connect to 192.168.0.181. unfortunately it doesn't work and after about 10 seconds Remote Desktop tells me it can't connect to 192.168.0.181.
Any hit of why this wouldn't work?